Monday, March 16, 2020

Fairies

(While my children are home from school, we're reading, writing, and doing math each day. When they write, I write, too :-) This is today's writing.)

My daughter LOVES fairies. Her first grade teacher introduced her to the Magic Fairies books and she has DEVOURED them. She's read all of her teacher's collection and probably most of the library's. what amazes me most is that she REREADS the books! She doesn't just read one book in this seemingly never-ending series (there are rainbow fairies, jewel fairies, animal fairies, food fairies, etc.), she reads each book multiple times!

I've read one of the books, "May the Panda Fairy." We were both excited to find this book at the library because the panda bear is both of our favorite animals. And I figured I ought to read one book of this series that she's obsessed with. So, about an hour after we returned from that library trip I found the book with a note on top, " Mom you can read this book." It was cute, predictable, and I don't think the plot varies much from book to book. But, she loves them.

My daughter's and son's writing and drawing on the theme of fairies. Daisy Meadows is the author of the Magic Fairy books.

No comments:

Post a Comment