Monday, September 30, 2019

#40isgonnalookgoodonme

September 24, 2019

Why would God care what I had for breakfast?
Because God cares that I take care of my body.
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day. (I learned that on Sesame Street approximately 35 year ago!)

I had a pumpkin spice shakeology and pumpkin purée shake for breakfast today. Ever since I started exercising in late June, I’ve been drinking protein shakes on days I work out. For 9 weeks I worked out 6 days/week. On 2 weeks I traveled, to Indy and to OK, and worked out less - not at all on the week in Indy and for 3 days in OK I only did stretches in my hotel room. Then the better part of a 3rd week I was sick - with what turned out to be allergies. But I felt so bad I thought it was a cold the first 4 days, and slept most of 2 of those 4 days. I lost 4 days of work-outs to that, too. Last week I only worked out 5 days, because on the 5th day I took a fitness class in person and it was an hour long, twice as long as my usual work-outs, so I took the next day off. This week will only be 4 days, because of the fitness class again and an early meeting Thursday morning. Next week - Lancaster for 2 days and then Puerto Rico!!!!!! Yay!!!! I had marked my 40th birthday (on Oct 3) as the goal/end mark of all this. Except, I will still have protein shake mix left. And I don’t want to lose the muscle tone I’ve developed. That’s really been the point of it this time - not weight loss (although I’ve lost 10 pounds), but getting stronger. Now, I want to maintain my strength. I’m still working on figuring out how...

No comments:

Post a Comment