Friday, April 26, 2013

Dream God-Sized, Serve Local

Why worry?  Because there's a lot to worry about.  Are we going to move?  How's Isabel (the baby)'s childcare going to work out?  Who's going to take care of her?  Is my car going to die?  Is Clara (the dog) going to die?  (After two days of refusing to eat, she finally started eating again yesterday.)  Am I going to go crazy with all these days at home with the dog and the baby?  And I even had adult conversations yesterday!  I just didn't go anywhere, between Isabel's eating and nap schedules and having to watch the dog to make sure she didn't go in the house, from either end.  She has pancreatitis. 

Surely I was made for more than this!  More than nursing a dog and taking care of a baby for 90% of my waking hours.  Except, you have to serve in the particular, in the local.  Dream big, dream God-sized; act, no, serve local.  Yesterday and today that means doggie nurse and baby momma.  Today, though, I'm going to try to get out to run a couple errands.  Clara hasn't left us any presents in the house for over 24 hours now.  My mom had dog and baby duty on Wednesday and Clara had to go out every 1-2 hours that day (thank you, Mom!!!).  Yesterday was probably more like every 2-3 hours and at least half the time she just wanted to lie in the sunshine.  I blocked off the back deck so she could lie there without my having to be outside with her, and thus Isabel having to be outside, too, if awake. (Have I mentioned she's started teething and is almost crawling?  She can get really far on her tummy.)  Clara's not allowed out unsupervised and Isabel can't stay in unsupervised.

Why worry?  Because Clara almost had to be hospitalized.  Why worry?  Because taking care of a 7 month old is a lot of work.  And before you say that worrying is not a faithful response, consider Matthew 6:34 - "Do not worry about tomorrow ...each day has enough trouble of its own."  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment