Monday, November 28, 2011

What Pastors Have To Put Up With!


Most people who know me know that I love hugs. To know me is to hug me. I remember in college finding a saying that you need five hugs a day to be healthy. In many small groups that I've been part of, I have instituted a practice of hugging. Usually, even those who are not hugging people will participate with at least a side hug.

At the end of the traditional services at Orange, most of the congregation does the traditional thing and greets the senior pastor and I at the door on their way out of the sanctuary. The good folks at Orange are learning that I love hugs, and so each Sunday more and more folks are hugging me instead of shaking my hand. Of course, when my husband comes through the line, he gives me a kiss. Well, this past Sunday, there was a lady in line behind my husband who didn't recognize him from the back. She saw him give me a kiss on the lips and was astounded. What do pastors have to put up with? Kisses on the lips?! And then she realized it was my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment